For more info: 021 55734344
Gear pumps are piston-type rotary pumps which operate on the positive-displacement principle. They are simple in design, and easy to handle. Gear pumps can generate operating pressures of up to 40bar and flow rates of up to 60m³/h. Their pulse-free delivery increases linearly with speed. High-viscosity media (oils, paints, adhesives, etc.) can also be pumped. Gear pumps are sensitive to hard solid-matter particles in the flow.
The materials used in the construction of the pump presented here make it resistant to most corrosive and aggressive chemicals. The plastic / metal gear wheel pairing results in relatively quiet running.
The MT 186 kit forms part of the GUNT assembly, maintenance and repair practice line designed for training at technical colleges and in company training centres. A close link between theory and practice is key to the learning content. The kit is ideally suited to project-based learning with a particular emphasis on ‘hands-on’ work. Independent working by the students is assisted and encouraged. Performing exercises in a small team offers a useful learning format.
MT 186 enables a typical gear pump to be assembled and maintained. Students become familiar with all the pump components and their modes of operation. The parts are clearly laid out in a tool box. Systematic assembly and disassembly of a pump is practiced. The instructional material details the individual steps involved in the exercise, and provides additional information on the areas of application, mode of operation and design of the pump.
Learning Objectives / Experiments
- design and function of a gear pump and its components
- assembly and disassembly for maintenance and repair purposes
- replacing components (e.g. seals)
- troubleshooting, fault assessment
- planning and assessment of maintenance and repair operations
- reading and understanding engineering drawings and operating instructions
 learning concept for maintenance and repair exercises on a gear pump
 relatively quiet running owing to the plastic/metal gear wheel pairing
 pump shaft sealing with floating ringseal
 suitable for solids-free media with dynamic viscosity up to 0...10000mPas
 pump parts and tools housed in a tool box
 the kit forms part of the GUNT assembly, maintenance and repair practice line
- power consumption: max. 2kW
- max. flow rate: 80L/min
- max. head: 70m
- motor speed: 300...1750min-1
- intake connection thread: R 1 1/4"
- delivery connection thread: R 1 1/4"
- pump materials
housing: stainless steel 316 (1.4401)
gear wheels: stainless steel 316 (1.4401)/PTFE
wearing plates: PTFE
- speed-dependent viscosities
Dimensions and Weight
LxWxH: 690x360x312mm (tool box)
Weight: approx. 20kg
Scope of Delivery
1 complete kit of a gear pump
1 set of tools, consisting of
- 2 combination wrenches size 11
- 1 hexagonal screwdriver, size 3/32"
- 2 screwdrivers
- 1 round wire snap ring for shafts
1 roll of PTFE sealing tape
1 box for small parts
1 tool box with foam inlay
1 set of instructional material, consisting of
- technical description of system, complete set of drawings with individual parts and parts list, description of maintenance and repair operations,suggested exercises
- 1 operator's manual for the industrial pump