For more info: 021 55734344
A complete domestic heating system can be set up using the trainer HL 353.01 together with a hot water generator, e.g. HL 353. Hot water passes through the radiators and heats the room air.
HL 353.01 contains two heating circuits. Both circuits are equipped with commercially available heating technology control devices. Each heating circuit contains a circulating pump. A digital, temperature led (outside temperature) heating controller controls the heating circuit (A) with floor heating. A three-way mixing valve is the actuator. The second heating circuit (B) contains a forced convector with temperature controller, a radiator with thermostatic valve and a radiator with one-pipe radiator valve.
The trainer is supplied with hot water from the supply unit HL 353 and is connected to the feed and return flow connectors using hoses with quick-release couplings.
Measuring points for temperature, pressure, differential pressure and flow rate enable energy calculations and evaluations.
The well-structured instructional material sets out the fundamentals and provides a step-by-step guide through the experiments.
Learning Objectives / Experiments
- design of a floor heating with controller and actuator
* temperature-led heating controller (outside temperature) with three-way mixing valve
- design of a room heating system with radiators
* thermostatic valve
* one-pipe radiator valve
- design of a room heating system with forced convector with temperature controller
- function and design of commercially available heating technology components
- measurement of differential pressures, temperatures and flow rates
- energy calculation and evaluation of emitted heating capacity
- reading and comprehension of symbols and process schematics